Hope

Hope
Hope for A Brighter Tomorrow

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ugly Comments: NOT WORTH YOUR TIME

Sometimes people say dirty, rotten, terrible, and mean things. I know this because I heard them when I was a kid.  On the school bus one afternoon, I was asked by a friend, “Who do you like?” I answered shyly, “Christine Lockhart.”

A girl in the seat ahead of me overheard, turned around, and said, “You’re too short, stupid and ugly for her to like you!”  That girl’s venomous words had stung  just as surely as any bee sting ever couldt.

I ran through the door, and I was bawling.  I remember the words my mother spoke that afternoon. She said, ”People who purposely try to make you feel bad about yourself are not the ones you need to measure your self worth by. “

Then she looked at me and said, “Consider the source. A person worthy of impacting your self-image would never abuse it like that girl did. Therefore, let it go in one ear, and out the other.”

And, she stressed that last sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment