Hope

Hope
Hope for A Brighter Tomorrow

Monday, September 5, 2011

Take Heart, you are Not Alone

You are not alone!  Although you may feel that way at times, you are not alone.

You can call people who care about you  by using the suicide hotlines.  They care, and I care.

You aren't alone.  Many people are working through your same problems, and be sure,  many  have successfully made it  through them.

I was bullied when I was a kid.  Other kids made fun of me... called me names and I often felt alone.  But, I learned that there are people who are willing to listen.

Try my strategy for getting through this:  Find a listener in your own life. 

If you can't find one, use the hotline on the right side of this page.   You need to vent your feelings.  A listener (even a phone counselor) can help you feel connected.

To be sure, a listener may not solve all your problems, but he/she will help you cope with them. 

Something else you can do, is utilize your alone time to express yourself in words.  Write journal entries, songs and/or poems that  contemplate your thoughts.  You could start a blog that draws attention to the kinds of issues that you are facing.  You just might be in a position to help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment