Hope

Hope
Hope for A Brighter Tomorrow

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Overcome Rejection by Creatively Expressing your Feelings

Have you ever asked, "How do I overcome rejection"?  Keep reading and find out what I did.


After experiencing rejection by a woman, I wrote  poetry that expressed my feelings.   Here are the first few lines:


"This is for some of the women I've known,
vain, self-righteous, pompous  beyond reproach.
While looking at me, eyes on another
doesn't think I can see what's happening
Think I'm blind, think I'm dumb 
think I'm blind to what they've become..."


This is part of a poem I wrote expressing my anger.  Writing this (and other poetry) really helped me get through a difficult time in my life, and I think it (or another creative activity) could help you. 


Now, looking back, whenever I reread  them,   I'm reminded of lessons learned and obstacles overcome.


You and I know you have a lot of love within you and it keeps getting damaged.  It may be that you want to express the love you'd like to share, but can't.  Maybe you have a mom or dad who won't accept you, and it hurts.  Maybe you are being bullied in school, or by neighborhood kids, and you feel totally overwhelmed.


Whatever your feelings  are in your situation,  they can be expressed with your creativity.  Being creative with writing, painting, music, poetry or other activities will keep your mind and hands active.  


As time goes bye, you'll find (as I had) that your creations will serve as reminders of  obstacles  you had overcome.  Why do I think this is important?


It's been said, "Each time you overcome obstacles, you gain the needed courage to conquer new ones."  If this is true, think of the courage your creative expressions will give you to meet new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment