Hope

Hope
Hope for A Brighter Tomorrow

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Death in the Family: Thoughts

Losing someone is very difficult. On December 22, I lost my Dad.


And now I find myself thinking of him often, only recalling his youthfulness, not his elderness.


I remember how strong he was; how confident and I compare the way I think of him to the person I am.


Then, as I think, I begin to do math in my head. “I remember when my dad was my age, and he lived 27 more years, so do I also only have 27 years left?” This is disturbing thought.


I want to live my best life, and if I spend it recklessly, I might be very disappointed at my end.


What’s the point of this? I suppose I want you to know it is okay to ponder your death. What will it mean to those around you? What does it mean to be dead? If you are on your death bed, what thoughts might you experience.


Your life is valuable. Don’t end it before you reach your potential. There is no such thing as a lost cause; you are a diamond that needs to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment